Friday, October 14, 2011

Ukie Food Segmant 1

So I have periodically taken pictures of the food I have eaten here. So, I decided to share in form of a blog post haha...

 I think it's so funny that you can buy buckets of corn in Ukraine. and 15 Grievna is about 2 US dollars.

 Borsch a Ukrainian Classic! I love it so much, and I want to learn how to make it! But it is basically beets and cabbage, potatoes, some carrots, onions, and a meat usually chicken. So delicious!

 This is an Ukrainian Classic as well, The men eat salo, or fat, on bread with chunks of garlic or onion. They also eat onions like apples here. It was tasteless, but did not appeal to me, and I don't want to eat it again. But there is often bread and sliced vegetables at every meal. Oh and of course cream, which I don't usually have a lot of, if not at all, because I can't.

 I tried an ostrich egg omelet! seriously one of the best omelets of my life!

This is my FAVORITE thing so far in Ukraine! Little Pancakes, which are basically little crepes!


Still to come .... cow tongue, and chicken seasoned potato chips! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment