Friday, October 14, 2011

Sick...and More Sick

I decided to go and get myself sick with bronchitis again...So I have been quarantined....and I am bored out of my mind. I was supposed to go to FHE, an institute dance, the temple to do baptisms, church, and the relief society broadcast this weekend. But nope I get to sit at home! YAY!

Since the last time I wrote though, my time has consisted of school, an ostrich farm, an equestrian center, the lavra, orthodox churches, catholic churches, Lyviv, Ukraine, sleeper trains, buses, big mama, a clock tower, a secret underground restaurant, my birthday, Auschwitz, Schindler's Factory, Kiev Temple, and General Conference...

This is an edited summary I wrote to David about what I did on our Poland and Lyviv Trip. I'll post pictures of everything today...

Tuesday-Taught at school and left for the sleeper train at midnight! Oh boy was that sleeper train an experience...I am sure you know me being a germ-a-phobe just loved it! haha I refused to use the mat on the train bc there was so much dirt and dust that I knew if I even got near it my allergies would probably act up...so I definitely just used the sheet and didn't even touch the second sheet until I was freezing...ya I made it worse for myself than it needed to be but, it was certainly an experience...
Wednesday- We arrive in lyviv at like 10 am and look around lyviv...yes this is my birthday day...we went to a chocolate factory!!! haha I had a lot of chocolate that day. Then we went back to the train station to catch a bus to Poland...We drove ALL night to Poland...the border took forever to cross and I didn't sleep any then either cus I was in the back of the bus...
Thursday- We went to the salt mines in Krakow, Poland! Oh my goodness they were amazing!! I loved the air down there. I felt like I could finally breath!! oh I loved it! Then we went to the hostile...so I love hostiles they are so much fun! It was like a giant sleepover haha..it was great, and it was clean so I was happy! Then we ventured out and went to Schindler's Factory...remember when...So you would think it would be mostly about Schindler, but nope, it was mostly about the war in Krakow and the Ghetto life...it was a great precursor to Auschwitz, very educational and touching...definitely cried a little...Then we got home and then we went to a pizza place..
I loved Poland it was so amazing, so beautiful and the people were much nicer haha...
Friday -  we woke up at like 530 am to drive to Aushwitz...what an experience that was....Then we had a tour of Krakow, saw so many gorgeous and ornate catholic churches! Oh I wish I had time to tell you all the stories and everything! I am just so tired...I may have to just do recordings!
Saturday- we left at 9am on the bus back to Lyviv, and didn't get their until 7pm and then caught a 930 sleeper train back to Kiev!

This week, when I am finally allowed to go back to school and teach, I will teach all week and then I assume saturday or friday night begins our 9 day trip. We will go to Vienna, Prague, Dresden, and Budapest. It should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment